Saturday 18 February 2012

I went out today.

First day in a week or so since I got here that I stepped outside. The trees didn't turn black. I wandered around in the forest. For some reason it felt nice being out there. I fell asleep against one of the trees. I don't know how long I slept. It was more comfortable than the floor. When I woke up it was dark out. I went back home and a man with a smile larger than his face opened the door and pushed me to the ground. He smiled down at me (I don't think he had a choice) and brandished a knife in my face. There was a flash and he looked up. He was still smiling but he seemed upset and then he just disappeared. I caught a glimpse of The Tall man as I was getting up but he was gone before I could focus. I went inside. They were all dead of course. My entire family. I didn't mind though. I don't know why I just didn't. There was something gone from me. I was incapable of caring. I went to my room and fell asleep. When I woke up he was in my room. He was just standing there. I looked into his face. I saw it then and remembered everything. Everything he meant. I offered myself to him in every conceivable understanding of the term. I am his servant.

I have always been his servant. I just never knew it before.


~May

No comments:

Post a Comment